Monday, April 5, 2010

The Passion of the Christ

The Passion of the Christ
This was not a movie that I had been planning on watching,
but I finally decided to go on Good Friday, it just seemed so
fitting. I know that it is rated R, but it is something that is
very good for a believer to watch. It showed me what the
Bible means when it says the Christ loved us first. Also when
the Bible talks about being saved by his blood and healed
by His wounds. This movie is not just about the phisical part
of Christ's pain, it also talks about the spiritual battle that
Jesus went through. Jesus had never experianced sin, and so He had never been seperated from
His Father. When Jesus was afraid and crying for strength it was for the spiritual more than the
phisical. Even though it was painful for both parts Christ did it for us, because that's how
much He loved and cared for us. (It gives a completely different perspective to cummunion and
to Easter.) ~Jolayne~~~~~~~~~~

Text Color

5 comments:

  1. Jolayne, The Passion was an amazing movie! I was a bit spooked when it got to the garden scene and the crucifixion, but altogether it was amazing. It really showed me just how much our God really loves us! Leaves you nearly breathless...

    Squeaks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been tagged!! lol :P Head over to my blog to check out the details...you don't have to participate if you don't want to :)

    Squeaks.

    http://hiddendoorways.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. On Wayne Thomas Batson's "Kill This Thread" you mentioned that you're going to YC Alberta in May. My family's going too!! Since you asked for suggestions, I'll give them to you:
    Skillet all the way!!! If you've never checked out any of their music, go do it! They've been my favorite band for several years now. Unfortunately, their latest album sounds like a repeat of Comatose. Oh, well. Still dying to see them!
    Also, if you're into a little bit harder music, check out RED, who are my second-favorite band (after Skillet of course).
    I'm also planning to see Thousand Foot Krutch, Disciple and Manafest.

    Whoa, I just went on a rant. Sorry about that. Anyway, I hope that helped you out.

    ~God Bless~

    Eldra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah. Pillar! (I knew I was forgetting someone!) Definitely going to see Pillar.

    ~God Bless~

    Eldra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank's for your advise Eldra, i don't know if you'll read this. YC was great, but i don't think i'm going this year. i also got into Skillet's youtube video, it was a great experiance to be with so many believers.

    Squeaks, when i watched passion my soul was overcome with so much grief that i couldn't even cry i went through the whole movie thinking 'My God, what did you do?' but i knew that he did what he did for me and i am greatful for it.

    ReplyDelete